With our software you optimise your material usage and reduce your volume of waste
Due to the increasingly drastic global shortage of materials and the resulting higher prices, material flow management (MFM) is becoming more and more important. From both an ecological and an economic point of view, it is worthwhile for companies to consciously handle resources.
With our software IngSoft InterWatt you can set up a clear, intelligent and automated material flow management with little effort and ensure a resource-saving and efficienthandling of materials. Whether you are just starting out or already having a mature material flow management system, we will support you in optimally structuring, digitising and automating your material flows.
How does material flow management work in companies?
In general, material flow management considers the entire value chain of a material (cradle to grave). The consideration begins with the extraction of the raw materials up to the delivery to the company (cradle to gate). It also includes the processing of the materials through to the final product, as well as the use or consumption and disposal of the product. As such, material flow management can be embedded in a higher-level environmental management. The central instruments are material flow analysis and material flow balancing.
The goals of MFM are to improve material efficiency and reduce environmentally harmful substances. Often, energy flows are also taken into account to enable a holistic assessment of resource efficiency (energy and material flow management EMFM).
Wastemanagement is an important component of material flow management. It serves to create a sustainable circular economy.
FAQ: Questions about material flow management
- Optimisation of production processes: Reduce your procurement volumes while maintaining the same production output.
- Reduce costs through lower volumes of waste and avoidance of emissions.
- Set an example for your company in protecting the environment, for example by disposing your waste in a more environmentally friendly way.
- Comply with the increasingly extensive legal requirements for environmental protection: In Germany in particular, the requirements for more environmentally friendly waste disposal are laid down emphatically by the Circular Economy Act (KrWG).
- Secure competitive advantages through a transparent, sustainable behaviour.
Of course, you can also use IngSoft InterWatt, which was developed as energy management software at its core, to make your company's material flows transparent. The necessary functionalities are already available for you in our software. Would you like to learn more?